Dry brushing is the process of using a brush with stiff bristles against the skin to help exfoliate dead cells from the skin surface and enhance blood flow.
Benefits of dry brushing
1. Skin exfoliation. Dry brushing removes dead skin cells, leaving your skin less dry and, therefore, much softer and smoother!
2. Lymphatic support. Brushing helps to stimulate lymph flow, as a result, the body begins to detoxify itself.
3. Energizing. It increases circulation and blood flow, which feels very invigorating
How to dry brush
Preferably use a natural bristle brush with a long handle.
- On dry skin, start at the bottoms of the feet and work your way up the body toward the heart., gently and with long strokes.
- Brush each section 5-10 times
- On the stomach, brush in a clockwise motion, 5-10 times
When youre done (3-5mins), hop in the shower and then moisturize your skin. At this time of year, I love to use a Shea or cocoa butter to deeply nourish and hydrate.
If you’d like more information on dry brushing or anything else wellness related, get in touch!