End of summer brings around so many different emotions, I love the changing of seasons, but I really love summer. That's why I love this dish during the shoulder season, it helps me to hold on to the feeling of summer for as long as possible, while also enjoying some fresh veg in it's prime!
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do 💛
Greek style nourish bowl
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- Handful fresh basil chopped
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 2 zucchini sliced
- 1 red onion chopped into chunks
- Chunk of feta crumbled
- Balsamic glaze
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 heaping tbsp tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Boil rice according to directions
- Preheat oven to broil
- Assemble tomatoes zucchini and red onion on parchment lined baking sheet and toss with a drizzle of olive oil or olive oil spray. Ensure to evenly coat.
- Drizzle generously with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with some salt
- Broil for 15 mins( I check them every 5 mins)
- Combine olive oil, tahini lemon juice in a mason jar, cover and shake
- Assemble all that goodness in a beautiful bowl(I always use my grandmothers salad bowl🤍😇)
- Add rice, veg, chickpeas & dressing,
- Sprinkle with feta and chopped basil on top!
- Sit and Savour 💛