Summer BBQ season is in full effect!
This healthy and light Quinoa salad is the perfect side dish for any at-home bbq celebration and is also easily transportable add on to bring along to summer gatherings!
(makes 4 servings)
Quinoa rinsed and drained (1 cup)
Salt (1 tsp)
Water (2 cups)
Bell pepper (1) (your choice in colour, I prefer yellow), cut into small cubes
Carrots (2), cut into small cubes
English cucumber (1/2), cut into small cubes
Radishes (2), finely sliced or cut into small cubes (Optional)
Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
Avocado (1/2), cut into cubes
Handful of fresh parsley and/or mint, finely chopped
(makes approx. 1 cup)
Extra-virgin olive oil (3 TBSP)
Apple cider vinegar (1-2 TBSP)
Soy sauce (1 TBSP)
Dijon mustard (1 TBSP)
Lemon juice (1 TBSP)
Clove of garlic (1-1/2)
Sea salt and pepper to taste
You can add some chopped fresh fruits (nectarines, peaches or apricots are great choices) or toasted nuts & seeds, such as almonds, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, to your salad.
1. Bring water, quinoa and salt to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes.
2. Cut all your veggies and herbs and place them in a bowl.
3. Use a mason jar or food processor to blend all ingredients of your dressing until smooth.
4. Add the cooked quinoa and dressing to the chopped vegetables and herbs and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
6. Chill for 1-2 hours and ENJOY!